Monday, April 27, 2009

Navajo Taco's, Scones

Tina's Scones {even though people in the Midwest call it FRY BREAD!}
1 quart buttermilk
2 Tbsp yeast
2 Tbsp sugar
2 eggs well beaten
6 Tbsp oil
2 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp soda
6-8 c flour
(sometimes it takes a little more)

Directions: Warm 1 c buttermilk add yeast, sugar, eggs and oil. Stir well add rest of buttermilk and dry ingredients. Stir and knead 5 min. Let rise. Roll out ½ thick. Cut into triangles. Poke a hole in the center and fry to golden brown.
Note: Dough can be kept in fridge up to a week.

Tonight we had them as Navajo Taco's and the kids had them with Strawberry Freezer Jam that I made with Jen and Kasey a few weeks ago. SO, decide if you want them with Taco's, Jam... or they BOTH look so dang good that you have one for dinner and the other for dessert!

4 comments:

SonyaAnn said...

This looks so good! Thank you for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

I make these all the time, when I want a quiker version I use frozen Rhodes rolls and once they are thawed I pul them and fry them. Also try putting Nacho cheese instead of shreded on top

JOY said...

Yum! Thanks for sharing this recipe - I love how it's so versatile!

[S Rizzle] said...

So yummy. Even though I disagree on the name, LOL!