Thursday, August 21, 2008

Scallopine Chicken and Sun screen salad!

SO EASY, SO YUMMY... and I've found myself telling people about it in random conversation... so tonight... Photobucket
Chicken Scallopine

5 boneless skinless chicken breast or equivalent in tenderloins
3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tbsp Lawry's Garlic Salt
1/4 cup butter
1 cup hot water
2 tsp chicken bouillon
3 tbsp lemon juice

Coat chicken in garlic salt/flour mixture. Melt butter in skillet and brown chicken on both sides (does not have to be completely cooked through). Arrange chicken flat in baking dish. Heat water and add bouillon. Stir until dissolved. Add lemon juice. Pour over chicken.Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
Per Kasey's suggestion, I made brown rice with Chicken broth...

Sunscreen Salad

nuts:
2 cups pecan halves
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup water
Lightly coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place brown sugar and water in a skillet, stir until dissolved. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to a slow boil. Add pecans, stir constantly until thickens and coats the pecans {all liquid should be coating pecan's} Spread pecans on cookie sheet, separated and cool.
Salad:
1/2 head of red lettuce
1/2 head of leaf lettuce
1 package baby spinach
*I used a pkg of Spring mix and a bag of baby spinach
2 cans mandarin oranges
2 cups sliced strawberries
1 1/2 cups craisins

In a large bowl mix greens and fruits. Just before serving add dressing and pecans and toss *{I used a pkg of Spring mix and a pkg of baby Spinach}

Dressing:
1 cup vegetable oil {I used Olive Oil}
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 Tablespoon dry minced onion
1 teaspoon salt

Mix all together and shake well.

Makes 10-15 servings...
{I had a LOT of left over dressing and it was still great a week later!}
*if do not have poppy seeds and you go to the store to find them. I had to purchase them at customer service, apparently some crazy kids are doing something naughty with them... just so you know and don't have to STARE at the spices for about 20 minutes like I did!

Yummy... YUMMY!

6 comments:

SlingShotGirl and Addicted Fisherman said...

I just noticed that you have this other blog! I love it! We were just discussing how we really new recipes! nice....I think this is a great blog!

Letti said...

This salad sounds so good. I love salads. I can't wait to try this one. I wonder if you can add chicken?

Janae said...

What a fun recipe blog you have:)
The chicken looks yummo...I have never heard of having to get poppy seeds from customer service! Crazy kids...I can't buy Sudafed anymore with out a back ground check;)now, it's the poppy seeds...what will be next?

Veronica said...

I love the name of the salad! It looks fabulous.

Amanda said...

I'm interested in being a contributor! Can we post things here that we also post on our blogs? Are there any set rules I should know about?

Head Case said...

I made this recipe and my husband and brother in law loved it, as well as I did. I added apples to the salad also. It was a hit in my house