Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Homemade BBQ SAUCE


This is great on chicken, ribs, pork, steak, even for just dipping! I use it in the crock pot, oven, and the grill. Simple and lots of flavor!

1 cup ketchup
½ cup water
1 tblsp. Dried minced onion OR 1 tblsp. Onion powder
¼ cup white vinegar
3 tblsp brown sugar
1 tblsp. Worcestershire sauce
¼ tsp. Celery salt
¼ tsp. Pepper
Several dashes bottled hot pepper sauce ( I use “tapatio”)

Mix all ingredients together in a small saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Baste on meat during last 10 minutes of grilling, simmer in crock pot with meat, or store in fridge to use later.

~ recipe from Brieanne Witte ~

1 comments:

Melanie said...

So glad I stumbled upon your blog!! I can't wait to look around at the recipes...they all sound delicious! And I'm all about tried-and-true recipes!