Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Barbeque Chicken Caesar Salad

This was a really yummy twist on the usual caesar salad! I wanted more bbq taste, so i made a few changes in the original recipe. Perfect as a light summer main dish!

Prep Time:
10 min Total Time:54 min
Makes:4 servings, 2 cups each

1/2 cup KRAFT Classic Caesar Dressing, divided
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (I used 1 head green leaf & 1/2 head romaine)
1/2 cup croutons (I used garlic-parm. flavored)
1/4 cup OSCAR MAYER Real Bacon Bits (I used 4 slices bacon, diced & fried till crisp)
1/4 cup KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese (I used a three cheese shredded blend)
*** I added 1/2 cup barbeque sauce along with the caesar dressing to marinate & serve with!***

POUR 1/4 cup of the dressing (& 1/4 cup bbq sauce) over chicken in resealable plastic bag. Seal bag; turn to evenly coat chicken with dressing. Refrigerate 30 min. to marinate. Remove chicken from marinade; discard bag and marinade.

PREHEAT grill (I used grill pan) to medium heat. Grill chicken 5 to 7 min. on each side or until cooked through (165°F). Cut into thin slices.

TOSS lettuce with remaining 1/4 cup dressing (& 1/4 cup bbq sauce), chicken, croutons, bacon bits and cheese.

~recipe from Kraft Foods, with a few changes from me! ~

0 comments: