Sunday, March 2, 2008

White Chicken Chili with Lime

This is my new favorite by far! You HAVE to try this...tonight! I guarantee you will LOVE it! It's a recipe from my sister Brooke, but since I get to post it, I'm adding my twist too!

White Chicken Chili with Lime

2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
2 (4oz) cans green chilies
1 can hominy (in the corn isle)
1 can great northern beans
1 can chick peas or you can use white kidney beans
1 can white shoepeg corn (optional)
1 tsp. lemon pepper or I use "lime pepper" it's at Sam's for $3.88 for a giant thing of it.
1 tsp. cumin
1 clove garlic
1 cup chopped onion
4 Tbsp. lime juice (I don't put it in all the soup, I serve each bowl with a wedge so you can put it in yourself)
3 cups water

Garnish:
Sour cream
cilantro
chopped tomatoes
crushed tortilla chips
you can put salsa and Monterey Jack, shredded, but I like it with just the above...

In large pot, combine water w/ lemon pepper and cumin. Add chicken. Boil and add rest of ingredients. Simmer until warmed through. Top with garnish of choice. Oh, yum!

1 comments:

brieanne. said...

LOVED IT! what a diff. a LIME can make!