Monday, March 10, 2008

Italian Sausage Bake


Straight from the back of the Stove-Top Box!

1-2/3 cups water
1 pkg Stove Top Savory Herbs Stuffing Mix
1-1/2 lb. Italian sausage, cut into 2-inch-thick slices
1 large each: green and red pepper sliced
1 large onion, sliced
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce

Preheat to 400. Add water to stuffing, mix and set aside. Cook sausage, then the peppers and onions in the sausage grease. Spoon into 9x13 baking dish, cover with tomato sauce then top with the stuffing. Bake for 25 minutes. Serves 6.

Okay this was good but mine was better....I did kielbasa (smoked sausage) and cut them into 1 inch slices and then into half moons. I used frozen bell pepper blend and cooked it with the onions just as it says to. I topped the stuffing with grated parmesan because well I knew it needed some cheese. I hope you all like!

0 comments: