Friday, February 22, 2008

Powdered Sugar Icing

My mom made this with my kids a few weeks ago and it was SOOOO much easier for them to decorate cookies with! They didn't need any help as it was so easy to spread & even do swirls with. I can't imagine going back to a traditional cream/butter frosting with cut out sugar cookies ever again! Try it with THIS RECIPE for cookies ... you won't be dissapointed!


In a medium bowl, combine:

4 cups sifted powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
Add more milk 1 tsp at a time until drizzle consistency. Color some of icing with a few drops of food coloring ( I like to use just one or two to create pastels), and leave some plain (white). Pour colored icing on cookies, spread till smooth, then use a toothpick and put a few drops of white on top and swirl with toothpick.

Makes 1 1/4 cups.

~ recipe from my mom, Jami Leatham ~

1 comments:

Price Family said...

We use to make this icing when we were little and my mom would put it between graham crackers. It was a cheap treat.