Saturday, January 12, 2008

Too easy tortellini Soup

This is the EASY-SCHMEASIEST recipe EVER! and it's super good. (actually one of Aspen's favorites and Jaren REALLY likes it too!) I usually have all ingredients ready to go so at 5:00 when I'm wondering WHAT to feed my fam... this is always easy and yummy and WARM!
Too easy Tortellini soup (Tarra Clifford)
2 cups Chicken broth (2 cans)
1 Pkg. ready made cheese tortellini (DiGiorno or store brand)
I can White Kidney beans- Rinsed and Drained (Optional)
I can Italian diced tomatoes (undrained) (can says “diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, oregano”… or something like that)
1 ½ t dried basil
1 T Red wine or Cider vinegar
Parmesan Cheese
Chicken Breasts cooked and cut into bite size pieces (Also Optional)
~ Pour ALL cans into pot and simmer 10-20 min.
~Add spices and Vinegar
~During last 5 min. (or according to Pkg.) pour in Tortellini.
~Add Chicken and sprinkle with Parm. Cheese
.I NEVER use the Chicken and it still tastes AWESOME!

I love to serve it with Warm Rhodes rolls but sometimes I don't think that far ahead. HOWEVER... I learned something new recently and it's been GREAT. (i might be the last person on earth to have JUST learned this... but just in case I'm not... I'm sharing) Did you know that you can THAW Rhodes Rolls in the Microwave? 6 at a time 30 seconds per plate (I'm pretty sure that the EXACT directions are on the back of the bag) Anyway... this ALWAYS helps speed up the whole Thaw out and raise period... Sometime they don't look as pretty... but they are still YUMMY... YUMMY... YUMMMMMMY!

0 comments: