Thursday, December 27, 2007

SALSA

I made this in big batches to give with Christmas goodies this year. I used tomatillos (little green tomatoes that have a leaf wrapped around). This recipe will make 2 small jars or 1 large. My dad's specialty!

4-5 roma tomatoes (if using tomatillos, use 6-8 or more if small)
½ or 1 full white onion
4 or 5 jalepeno peppers, cut open & gut out seeds
*save/use seeds of ½ or 1 pepper, depending on how “hot” you like it
1 tblsp. Garlic salt, or to taste (I just go across the bowl a couple times)
Juice of: 1-2 limes (i like 2)
1 tblsp. White vinegar

Chop and dice all vegetables very small and put in bowl. Add garlic salt, lime juice and vinegar. Adjust seasonings to taste. Stir and let refrigerate for a few hours. Eat within about 4-5 days.
* can make “green” salsa by using tomatillos instead of tomatoes.
~recipe from my dad, Britt Leatham~

0 comments: