Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Homemade Pancake Mix

My son loves pancakes, and this morning I found myself out of mix. So I went online and just happened to have everything for this recipe. We were a bit nervous trying them (we have big dry-milk phobias!) and I even added a dash of vanilla just to be safe. These turned out perfectly and tasted even better than our usual box. This could even act as food storage!

10 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbls salt
2 1/2 cup dry milk
1/4 cup baking powder

Combine all ingredients. Store in cool, dry place for up to 8 months.

To Prepare:

Mix 1 1/2 cup mix with desired water. I never measure water, I just add water until it is smooth and a little thin (for thicker pancakes use less water , about 1 1/4 cup water ).


~ recipe from www.frugalmom.com (by "country mom") ~


1 comments:

Lish said...

Yeah I haven't used store bought pancake mix in years! I just use the better home and gardens cookbook recipe. I like it better and it is much cheaper. Same with their waffle recipe.