Thursday, December 13, 2007

Busy Day Beef Stew

PERFECT dinner for cold winter nights! Make it before you head out the door in the morning and hardly any dishes to clean up. Love it!

2 lbs. Stewing beef, cubed
2 med. Onions, diced (I use dried minced onion - about 1/3 cup)
1 cup celery, chopped (I omit this)
2 cups carrots, sliced
4 med. Potatoes, peeled & diced
2 ½ tblsp. Quick-cooking tapioca (I use an extra 2 tblsp. at the end if it isn't thick enough)
1 tblsp. Sugar
1 tsp. Salt (I use Seasoned Salt - my fav. is "Johnny's")
garlic powder (about 1 tsp. or so to taste)
ground thyme (I just sprinkle once over)
½ tsp. Pepper
1 (10 ¾ oz.) can tomato soup
1 ½ soup cans of water

Layer meat & vegetables in crock-pot. Sprinkle with tapioca, sugar, salt & pepper. Combine soup & water and pour into crock-pot. Do not stir. Cover & let cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve alone or over egg noodles.

~ recipe from ALL-RECIPES (I think!) ~

0 comments: