Monday, November 26, 2007

Quick Pasta Sauce

I came up with this one when my kids wanted noodles and I didn't have any canned sauce. This would be great over any type of noodle, topped with shredded Four Cheese blend. I broiled some frozen Texas Garlic Toast, served out the leftover jello, and dinner was on the table in 10 minutes. I don't think I'll buy canned sauce again!

1 can petite-diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (14 oz) tomato sauce
2 Tblsp. extra virgin Olive Oil
1 Tblsp. dried marjoram
1 Tblsp. dried basil
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. coarse salt
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream

Put all but parmesan and cream in a medium pot. Simmer while cooking pasta of your choice for about 8 minutes. Stir in cream & parmesan and simmer another 2 minutes. Stir by the spoonful into drained noodles and serve topped with shredded Four Cheese blend.

~ recipe from Brieanne ~

0 comments: